It is December 2nd. So I deserve no grief for this first Christmas Post! Speaking from my own experience here.. these are the tasks I have completed in my lifetime or plan to in the very near very real future when people tell me I have too much Christmas Spirit!
1. Do a christmas jig and finish with a jolly HO HO HO!
2. Watch these movies in the following order to commence childhood nostalgia – Home Alone, Elf, Rouldoph the red nosed reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Frosty returns, Lampoon Christmas, Miracle on 31st street, The year without a santa claus, Miracle on 34th Street, The Santa Clause, The polar express, A Charley Brown Christmas, The Grinch ( live-acton and cartoon) and Christmas with the cranks.
3. Do extensive research on the strategic methods of creating the most pristine cup of hot cocoa. Shaken or stirred?
4. Track Santa- http://www.noradsanta.org/404.html
5. Watch people getting puppies for Christmas on youtube.
6. Send real Christmas Cards to your friends. No.. not an E-card. Real paper..
7. Request that Santa send a video message to your friends- http://www.portablenorthpole.com/home
8. Find a revolving door. Again.. and again.. and again… and again.
9. Go Christmas Shopping decked out in holiday gear.. hat, suit the works. Attract attention.
10. Dance with your grandmother to Christmas music in public.
11. Organize or be involved in a Christmas flash mob.- VERY FUN!
12. Strap on those goggles and untangle Christmas lights.
13. Hang lights… lots.of.lights.
14. Gingerbread Mansion.
15. Argue over the origin of snow.
16. Make a Christmas List of 100 things you want.
17. Sing “Feliz Navidad” over and over again in different accents. French, polish, spanish. They all make it special.
18. Make a Family Christmas music video then put it on a CD to keep.
19. Learn to play Christmas tunes on a musical instrument.
20. Sing Christmas Karaoke.
21. Try to make it through an entire round of the ice skating rink without falling down. Then do a dance every time you clear the finish line.
22. Organize a very serious snowball fight with some friends. Wager money or…cookies.
23. Visit santa at a department store and tell him he smells like beef and cheese, not like santa.
24. Watch Eloise at Christmastime. This movie get’s it’s own number because Julie Andrews uses some sort of terribly awful brooklyn/British accent and it’s beautiful.
25. Gather your friends and take your piggy banks to a corner bell jingling santa.. proceed to empty them all out. Try to fill up the bucket so he gets to go home early. Then buy him coffee.
26. Go to a church Christmas Eve if you’re religious. Some traditions never get old.
27. Learn the difference between you’re, your, their, they’re there, to and too… a Christmas present to the entire world!
–All credit goes to the original owners for all video clips.–